Game Star Atlas has released a preview of its GameFi metaverse through the Epic Games Store for NFT owners, along with other updates.
The space-themed strategy game Star Atlas has proven to be a popular upcoming title for many players and cryptocurrency investors.
The launch date of Star Atlas, one of the most anticipated games on the Web3, is still unknown. However, there is no need to wait long to experience the metaverse, as a limited demo of Solana’s game has just been made available on the Epic Games Store.
Epic Games is offering access to this demo, built on the nascent Solana blockchain. The release comes in quick succession after the wildly popular Blankos Block Party was also made available to players through the Epic Games store in September this year.
Announced via a livestream, the official release is titled “Star Atlas: Showroom” and is described as a “pre-alpha” version of the full game.
During the 426LIVE event on Sept. 29, the development team gave players a preview of what they can expect from the game.
“We’re really excited to finally be able to give users a taste of the Star Atlas metaverse and to start bringing this immersive world to life,” Michael Wagner, co-founder of Star Atlas and CEO of ATMTA, Inc. said in a press release. “We’re also extremely honored to be the first AAA-quality blockchain game available on the Epic Games Store, and we can’t wait to see the web3 game go mainstream.”
Players are invited to check out the early stages of the game, exploring the immersive environments and becoming familiar with the game’s mechanics and overall atmosphere.
How to download the Star Atlas game from Epic Games
NFT owners of Star Atlas can now explore a 3D environment and view their NFT ships and vehicles. In addition, in the fourth quarter of 2022, owners will be able to use the entire Showroom, including multiplayer features, chat capabilities, and takeoff and landing capabilities.
In order to download Star Atlas Showroom , an access key (also called a “beta key”) is required. The Epic Games Store will not allow you to download the game without this 20-digit code.
Depending on the highest level badge unlocked by your fleets in the Faction Fleet, the number of access keys will differ. The longer your NFTs are in staking, the more access keys you will receive.
Star Atlas: Showroom updates planned
- Later this year, more features will be available in the Star Atlas: Showroom pre-alpha demo.
- One thing many will be happy to hear about is the inclusion of online game modes with live chat features for an even more exciting gaming experience. With the inclusion of factions, it will be interesting to see how competitive Star Atlas will be.
- Those with special NFTs will also be able to take their NFT spacecraft flying beyond the initial explorable environments granted in the Star Atlas demo.
- The team has released the Foundation Software Development Kit (F-KIT) so that other developers can develop Unreal Engine 5-based games for Solana. In addition, other developers could use the kit to extend it to other networks, such as Ethereum, according to Wagner.
- ATMTA also announced Atlas Locking, a new feature of the Star Atlas interface for decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs). Players can now lock their Atlas tokens for up to five years.
- The project will also publish CORE, an episodic graphic novel that will introduce the Star Atlas metaverse, story, and characters to an international audience. The graphic novel will be published on the project website and in the Showroom at a later date.
Minimum Requirements to play Star Atlas
- Operating System: Windows® 10 64-bit (version 1909 revision .1350 or higher, or versions 2004 and 20H2 revision .789 or higher)
- CPU: Intel® Core™️ i5 4590T 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 8 GB GPU / AMD Radeon RX 5700
- DirectX: DirectX 12
- Memory: 20 GB
Recommended Requirements to play Star Atlas
- Operating System: Windows® 10 64-bit (version 1909 revision .1350 or later, or versions 2004 and 20H2 revision .789 or later)
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 8700T running at 4.0 GHz or higher
- RAM: 32 GB
- Video card: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 8 GB or higher
- Memory: 20 GB
For other questions or curiosity about Star Atlas, You can check in the Question and Answer section found on Epic Games: Star Atlas Frequently Asked Questions